Saturday, December 6, 2008

Broke and Boyfriendless


QUESTION:
Dear PCP,
A couple of months ago, I moved from Chicago to LA to live with my boyfriend. I left a good job with the hopes I would find one quickly in LA. Last week my boyfriend broke up with me. I've got no job, no place to live and very few friends. What should I do?




ANSWER:
I say, take some lessons from Britney Spears. Noooo, don't shave your head, show off your private parts to awaiting paparazzi, or perform, scantily-clad at an internationally televised show seemingly drunk and half naked. And DON'T in any way, think its a good idea to hang out with Paris and Lindsay, even for photo ops! I am talking about making a come back in a big way. Britney seemed to be on the verge of oblivion, people wrote her off as over. But the true Diva that she is, she has managed to work her way back to the top. What it takes is a belief in yourself, a few supportive folks behind you, and determination. Why don't you:
1) Talk to the friends you do have and find a roomie
2) If you don't want to go back to the type of job you just left, search around for a temporary job until you know what you want to do
3) Find out what you are passion about then go after them aggressively
4) Go back to school, even if its part time
4) Seek supportive people to surround yourself
5) Stay away from negative people and users
Yes, when Britney's not Toxic or Chaotic, she, like you, can get Stronger and Lucky. Ooops I did it again! will mean that once again you have come out on top. Now is the time to re-invent your self! Good luck!

No comments: